Monday, November 15, 2010

Enchiladas!!!

Tonight we're all eating in shifts because of everyone's activities.  Those of us who are at home together, eat together.

I usually use corn tortillas for enchiladas, but I was shopping at Kroger today and they don't carry organic corn tortillas.  We won't use non-organic corn because almost all of it is GMO, so I used tortillas I had at home.  I needed to use them up anyway .... they were a mix of Ezekiel, spelt, and organic wheat.

I like La Preferida authentic beans.  They are made with lard so have a wonderful flavor.  I never use non-fat beans ...  ewww.  :-D  I also used organic, grated cheddar cheese and enchilada sauce.  Whatever brand of enchilada sauce is fine, just be sure you can pronounce all the ingredients.  ;)

This is soooo easy!!  Just open the cans of beans, place the beans down the center of the tortillas (be sure to use enough, this is the filling), then roll up the tortilla.  Place in a greased baking dish.  Use a baking dish that is large enough to hold all your enchiladas, but small enough that the enchiladas fill up the dish.

Top with enchilada sauce.  Bake at 350 until warm, about 30 min.  Take out of oven and top with grated cheddar.  Heat for an additional 5 min, take out of oven and let cool for 5-10 min.  Serve.

I made two dishes ..... one for the first shift that has already eaten, and now the second dish is in the oven cooking so it will be ready for the others who are eating later.

No comments:

Post a Comment