Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hahaha!! We're having quick and easy pizza!!

I've just spent so much time getting this blog set up, it's now 5 PM and I haven't thought about dinner yet!  How ironic!!

So this is what we're having - PIZZA!!  I'm taking an Ezekiel tortilla, coating the top of it with extra virgin olive oil.  Then I'm spreading organic garlic on it out of a jar of already minced garlic.  I'll cut up some organic leeks to sprinkle on top, then top with lots of organic cheese.

I have an Aga:



You can put your pizza on your oven rack, but I will be putting mine on the floor of the 450 degree oven for about five minutes, or until it looks done.  When it's cooked, I'll top it with basil, oregano, salt, and hot red peppers.  Yum!!!




The great part about this is my kids can assemble their own.  My kids prefer flatbreads instead of the tortillas for their pizzas.  Some use olive oil, some spaghetti sauce, some barbecue sauce.  Some add ham, some add leeks, sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red peppers.  I keep all this stuff stocked in my refrigerator so that we can have this delicious snack/meal whenever we want!!

No comments:

Post a Comment