Sunday, October 17, 2010

Buckwheat pancakes!!

For Sunday breakfast today, we had buckwheat pancakes .... mmmmm!

I just used Arrowhead Mills buckwheat pancake batter, four cups of batter, one cup kefir, three cups milk (plus more milk to thin batter), and four eggs.  I stirred with a whisk.  I use a ladle to pour the batter right on the oiled simmering plate (or a skillet).  Wait until the bubbles on the top start popping and look dryish, then flip.

We had choices for toppings - organic butter, organic ghee, coconut butter, coconut oil, and real maple syrup.  I prefer grade B syrup .... yes, not grade A, but grade B!!!  Grade B is not only cheaper, it's less refined so has more flavor.

I'm just getting used to this batter, it's a little on the thick side, but if you water it down with more milk, then it lacks flavor.  I might try mixing it with the buttermilk variety next week to see how well that works .... and I will give you a report.

We had lattes with our pancakes .... yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment