Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Been sick :(

Sorry I haven't been blogging, I haven't forgotten, I've just been sick.  I've had no appetite.  My kids have taken advantage of the opportunity and have walked over to Subway for dinner the past couple nights (yes, the kids who brought this bug home to me!!!).  I have never been there since it opened, LOL.  We have passed this bug through the whole family.  Three of us have it now .... I had one home with me today.  Two others were home with me last week.

Since I haven't had anything interesting to write about, that is unless you find Blue Diamond Nut-thins (gluten-free) topped with Justin's Maple Almond Butter for "dinner" to be interesting, I'll show you a grilled cheese I had recently that WAS interesting!!!

There is a local, organic restaurant outside of Cincinnati called Wildflower Cafe.  It's a wonderful little place with all organic food, grass fed beef, local eggs, etc.  It's in a little victorian house and run by a local couple.  Not the friendliest staff (and by that I mean the owners), but they do have great food, and it's nice to get this kind of food out at a restaurant and not just at home.


Now THAT'S a grilled cheese sandwich!!!!  Normally it comes with potato chips, but I got a side salad. Yes, I told you that a lot of raw food gives me a stomach ache .... and this did, haha, but once I took an HCL I was just fine!!

What you are seeing is butter toasted rosemary bread, melted provolone & cheddar, organic blue, organic feta, shaved onion, fresh tomato, organic greens, and bacon.  The sandwich is cut in half, stacked, then a toothpick holds it together with a couple pickles speared at the top.  The side salad has a balsamic vinaigrette that was delicious.  I can't wait to have another!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!







The

No comments:

Post a Comment