Saturday, December 18, 2010

Gorgonzola mashed potatoes!!!

Oddly enough, one of my kids' favorite dishes is gorgonzola mashed potatoes!  Weird kids!  I will ask what they want for dinner when I'm on my way to the grocery, and they'll say "A big bowl of mashed potatoes, that good kind with the cheese."

I used a bag of red potatoes.  I cleaned and halved them, put them in a pot, and filled the pot with water, enough to cover the potatoes.  I boil the potatoes until they are soft (I check with a fork).  Then I dump the water off, add a stick of butter, a tub of gorgonzola cheese and enough milk to be able to mash them.  I never peel potatoes, and I always mash them by hand.  It's always a rougher mashed potato, but it's the way I prefer them.

I used to buy pre-cooked, organic bacon with no preservatives that was already chopped up, but Whole Foods stopped carrying it (it's too convenient I guess, grrrr).  So, I buy a small package of organic bacon with no preservatives and cook it while the potatoes are cooking.  I let it cool before I chop it up.

Once the potatoes are mashed, then I throw the bacon in and stir it around.  Seriously, my kids would eat it alone for dinner.  I served it with chicken and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment