Monday, December 20, 2010

Chicken!!

I know, I know .... you're looking at the last entry and thinking, "But how does she make the CHICKEN?"!!!!  So, I'll tell you, it's simple!

I bought a package of organic, free range chicken legs.  We all like the dark meat, and legs are a cheaper way to feed a big family.  I buy the large, family size package, which is an additional $ off.

I rinse the chicken, then place it in a greased, glass Pyrex baking dish.  I cover the chicken with olive oil, then spices.  I read this article by Dr. Mercola a while back, and use those spices for meat because they taste good and they have health benefits.  The day the picture was taken, I generously sprinkled paprika and Todd's Dirt on the chicken because I felt like something spicy and simple.

I cooked the meat uncovered at 350 degrees for about an hour.  If the chicken is watery, at some point you might want to pour off the water so the skin can crisp up.

No comments:

Post a Comment